Sunday 5 January 2014

Drop Out





I awoke from a dream and remembered what he'd told me whilst I was sleeping.

'That's me. That's you,' he'd said.

'Drops of water. And you're on top of the mountain. A success.

'But one day, you start sliding down the mountain. You think, "Wait a minute. I'm a mountain top water drop. I don't belong in this valley, this river, this low dark ocean with all these drops of water.

'And you feel confused.

'Then one day, it gets hot and you slowly evaporate into the air - way up - higher than any mountain top - all the way to the heavens.

'Then you understand that it was at your lowest that you were closest to God.

'Because life's a journey that goes round and round. And the end is closest to the beginning.

'So, it's change you need.

'Relish the journey.

'Be a drop of running water.

'Obey those invisible pools of your soul.

'Gravity.

'Evaporation.

'Love.

'Creativity.

'It's in the darkest moments that the cracks allow the inner light to come out.

'But the spotlights don't let you see the inner light.'

No comments:

Post a Comment